Editor Interview Questions
This questionnaire for the interview of an Editor presents you a snapshot of what types of questions to ask a candidate in order to get familiar with his skills, knowledge and capabilities.
Operational and Situational questions
- What do you like to do in your own time?
- How do you think your work experience will help you in this position?
- How do you create interest in the most repetitive tasks like proofreading, editing, source-checking, fact-checking etc?
- Name the two best social media platforms that according to you work wonderfully in increasing the reach of your content.
- How much do you rate yourself in SEO, on a scale of 1-10
- Which style guides do you prefer?
- Name the best publishing platforms that you use often.
- What is your approach when it comes to hiring smart people for your team?
- Share about your experience of creating style guides.
- What things do you keep in mind when shortlisting stories for your publication?
- How do you choose topics for your editorial calendar?
- What is the best way to give a positive feedback to a teammate
- What is the best way to keep a team motivated during stressful times?
- Say, your team member has made a serious PR crisis, how would you go about it
- Describe the voice of our brand.
- If you are asked to change one thing about our publication, what would that be?
- Which project in your portfolio are you most proud of?
- How many people are there is your present marketing team? What are your role and responsibilities
- Tell me about a time when you worked with your team to complete a challenging project.
- What types of tasks do you generally delegate and why?
- What is the correct way to measure success for content pieces?