Child Care Teacher Interview Questions
Child Care Teacher Interview QuestionsAn ideal Childcare Teacher has relevant work experience as a Daycare or Childcare teacher, certificate in first aid and CPR and a degree in early childhood education. Once you shortlist candidates with these qualifications, assess the candidate’s skills during the interview. Traits to asses in candidates: Are they flexible? How capable are they in managing children? Do they have any experience of teaching young kids, from infants to preschoolers? To assess their skills and attitude towards children, ask situational questions. You can also include process-based questions in your interview. Ask candidates, how they calm an irritated child or what steps do they follow to change a diaper of an infant. Top candidates will be able to answer all your questions capably and confidently. So, be very alert when interviewing candidates, to find the best Childcare Teacher.
Operational and Situational questions
- What is the best thing about working as Childcare Teacher?
- What types of challenges do you face when working with children?
- What age groups are you most comfortable working with?
- How do you handle unhappy and angry parents?
- What is the relationship between child care and client service?
- How do you convince new parents that you will provide the best care to their baby?
- How do you define success as a Daycare Teacher?
- What is the best strategy to teach toddlers?
- How do you handle angry kids in the classroom?
- Name the four items that are always available in your classroom.
- How do you calm fighting and physically aggressive children?
- What is the major difference in an infants’ classroom and a toddlers’ classroom?